We love global stories, which is why we create handmade products filled with them. Every aspect of our hand made and hand poured candles carry meaning and tales, all the way from East Africa.
The Tusker beer bottles are made in Kenya and have been exported and enjoyed in a local East African watering hole in Melbourne. We have reclaimed these bottles and hand cleaned, hand cut and hand finished each glass.
Each candle has been hand poured in small batches with natural soy wax & premium-grade blend of fragrance oils with essential oils. Each candle has a lead free natural cotton wick. Our candles are vegan, contain no parrafin, no GMO contents and no palm oil. Our candles have a 40 hour burn time.
We have created a candle with our own Zanzibar Island Spice scent. Think tropical fruits like papaya, mango, coconut and citrus mixed with the warmth of cinnamon, cardamon, vanilla and bergamot. We also offer a refreshing scent of Lemongrass and Lime, and the warm beachy fragrance of Hibiscus and Citrus.
Our hand carved custom made lids are created in Dar es Salaam exclusively for our Tusker sized candles. Each lid has provided sustainable fair-trade employment in Tanzania for artisan women and men. Our lids are beautifully finished, and these products are direct trade, incredibly unique, created sustainably for a long and useful future.
Never put wooden lid on when candle is alight. Use your lid when candle isn't in use to keep it clean from dust, and to protect the wax from sunlight discolouration. And, when your candle is finished simply clean the glass and remove the wick to keep the tusker bottle as a storage bottle with a lid. Return your candle for a refill.
Our candles have been uniquely and beautifully created completely by hand in Western Melbourne.
Candle use and care:
- When burning your candle for the first time, ensure that the wax melts all the way to the edge of the glass container. This promotes an even burn for the entire life of the candle.
- Always burn your candle within sight
- Don't burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim your wick to 5mm before each burn. Trimmed wicks will encourage a cleaner, brighter burn.
- Keep the wax pool free of trimmings and debris.
- Burn the candle away from draughts where possible.
- Maximise your scent throw by keeping doors and windows closed while burning
- Extinguish your candle with a snuffer or by dipping the wick into the melted wax.
- Stop burning your candle once the wax falls below the half-inch mark (1.27cm). Burning with only a small amount of wax remaining can cause the base of the glass container to overheat.
- Always store in a cool, dry place out of directly sunlight
- Do not attempt to extinguish a candle with water.
- Ensure your candle is extinguished, the soy wax is solid and the glass is cold before handling. You should never move a burning candle.
- The candle's glass container will become hot. Burn your candle on a flat and heat-resistant surface.
- Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Do not use wooden lid to extinguish candle.